Connect. Collaborate. Care.
Skipta is the leading social network of specialized online medical communities for consultation, communication and information exchange between licensed health care professionals within a private and secure platform.
- COVID-19 UNITE is a brand new cross-community focus area where licensed healthcare professionals can collaborate and find the latest information on the coronavirus. Register for the community that matches your profession to get access to this new resource!
Consult with your Colleagues
- Doctor Unite 4/14/2022447 0 0 6Case Study: GLP-1 agonists in type 2 diabetes￼ Rybelsus (semaglutide) is a daily oral GLP-1 agonist for Type 2 diabetes that has A1C lowering as strong as injected Victoza (liraglutide) 1.8mg and somewhat better weight loss (-4.4kg versus -3.1kg to week 26), with similar gastrointestinal side effects. For proper oral absorption, it must be taken at least 30 minutes before the first food, beverage, or other oral medications of the day.Show More
Compete Against Your Peers
Read Trending News Stories
- Oncology Nation 5/19/202221 0 0 0Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura as an Extraintestinal Manifestation in a Patient with Ulcerative Colitis ￼ Immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) is characterized by the presence of autoantibodies against platelet membrane antigens, leading to immune-mediated platelet destruction. ITP is considered as a rare extraintestinal manifestation (EIM) of ulcerative colitis (UC).Show More
- Doctor Unite 5/19/202269 0 0 0Longitudinal multi-omics analyses link gut microbiome dysbiosis with recurrent urinary tract infections in women ￼ Recurrent urinary tract infections (rUTIs) are a major health burden worldwide, with history of infection being a significant risk factor. While the gut is a known reservoir for uropathogenic bacteria, the role of the microbiota in rUTI remains unclear.Show More
- Cardiologist Connect 5/16/202218 0 0 0Dyslipidemia Management in Pregnancy: Why Is It Not Covered in the Guidelines? – Current Atherosclerosis Reports￼ Purpose of Review Despite the elevation of lipid values during pregnancy is mostly physiological, evidence suggest that it may be associated with adverse events. This article reviews the characteristics of lipid disorders and the possible management with dyslipidemia in pregnant women.Show More